1. How did Celestina’s Burnings make you feel?
- Were you scared, amused, upset, bored, angry, intrigued?
- Did you have to force yourself to get read it, or did you lose sleep in order to keep reading?
2. How do you feel about the way Celestina’s Burnings was told?
- Did it start too slow or end unresolved?
- Do you like the narrator’s voice?
- Did it jump around too much or hold you in suspense?
3. What did you think about Celestina, Rinaldo, and Fra?
- Did you like them? Were they believable?
- Did you approve of their decisions and behavior?
- Who did you relate to the most/least?
- Who were the best/worse secondary characters? Simona, Giacobbe, Zola, Monsignor, or Capo? Nello?
4. Favorite/unfavorite parts?
- Are there any quotes, passages, or scenes you found particularly compelling?
- Were there parts of the book you thought were incredibly unique, out of place, thought-provoking, or disturbing?
5. What themes did you detect in Celestina’s Burnings?
- What were the main points you think the author was trying to make?
- Did you notice any symbolism?
6. What did you think about the ending?
- Were you satisfied or disappointed with how the story ended?
- Is anything left unresolved or ambiguous?
- How do you picture the characters’ lives after the end of the story?
7. What is your impression of the author?
- Does the story seem to fit with what you know of the author?
- What do you think about the author’s writing style?
- What do you think about the author’s storytelling ability?
- Would you read another book by the same author?
8. If Celestina’s Burnings were turned into a movie … ?
- Which sections would you cut?
- Who would you cast to play the main characters?
9. How does this book compare to other books you’ve read?
- Did you like it more or less than other books in the same genre?
- Is the book different in any way from the books you usually read?
- Would you recommend it to others?
10. How did Celestina’s Burnings change you?
- Do you have a new perspective as a result of reading this book?
- Did you learn something you didn’t know before?
“Wondermom Wannabe” blog contributed to this post.
While an author, Annemarie is first and foremost a reader. She loves Book Clubs! If you’re in a book group, please fill out the form below to arrange an author visit, whether in person or via FaceTime.